Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Emotional Assault: Recognizing the Abusive Partner's


Emotional Assault: Recognizing the Abusive Partner.

Review


Have you ever said I wish  I knew then what I know now? 

Have you ever said I wish I knew then what I know now? 
If I would have read this book 20 years ago I would have totally understood a lot.  I dated guys who were like this and back then I had no idea what emotional tricks were until later in life. And now I totally understand after reading this book.

The author of this book wrote it because of her own emotional tricks from her ex-husband.  He taught her that he comes first, made everything her fault and played emotional games to keep her in her place.

I found this book very interesting. Not only can you recognize the emotional tricks but you will never get approval of a narcissistic person.  This is something I wished I had known when I was younger.

In this book not only did I learn about emotional abuse I also learned that a very insecure person only cares about themselves and that they protect their ego. You are only there to enhance that ego. 

Some people I dated when I was younger were exactly like that. I was young and didn’t know any better but thank goodness I married a wonderful man. The author finally had enough of this emotional game that her ex-husband was playing and left him. 

A narcissistic person appears to be such a charming and attentive person but is only putting on a front. When you get home and are alone it begins  all over again.  The effect is to isolate you.

If you live or have lived with a narcissistic person you must read this book.   If you are in  such  a situation you can tell them you are not going to tolerate blame anymore and the silent treatment is over, or you could leave.  If you leave just prepare yourself for the consequences of a narcissistic person.  They will have every family and friend against you.

In this book the author doesn’t tell you what to do but instead makes you aware of the problem.  Like I said in my first sentence I wish this book was around when I was younger.  It is a very good book. It is one that I would highly recommend. 




You can buy Lisa Kroulik’s book on Amazon http://tinyurl.com/lla722t


Enjoy your reading!

Lorri
xoxoxoxo 






No comments:

Post a Comment